In September 2016, Tik Tok, a Chinese-born app, was launched. Originally known as Douyin, the name was changed in anticipation of the app’s global release. You can also increase your Instagram follower using Mixx.
It is so powerful that many apps have unsuccessfully attempted to imitate its idea for short films. Our lives have gotten so complex that “Tik Tokers” is a term used to describe persons who frequently utilize it. However, despite the app’s widespread use, some people still aren’t sure how to tag someone on TikTok. This post will go through how to tag someone on TikTok as well as numerous other insider informational tidbits about the well-known app. Please continue reading if you want to become a power user.
How to tag someone on TikTok for Android and iPhone?
A user could be a company, a famous person, or a close friend of yours. As a result, it doesn’t matter whether you read “someone” or “user” moving forward. You can tag someone in a variety of ways. Here, we’ll highlight the key ones for you.
- The first one is as follows: after recording or selecting your video, you have the opportunity to “tag individuals” by searching for and choosing a user.
- The second one entails mentioning the user with the @ symbol in your video’s description. Type the first two letters of the user’s name after typing @, then choose the appropriate one.
- The third method is helpful if you submitted the video but realized afterward that you didn’t tag the person or persons you wanted to. To utilize it, click one of the three marks below. swipe right to “edit tagged persons” after that. Once you’ve chosen your pal or favorite celebrity, click “done,” and the process is over immediately!
- Another choice is to write @ and mention the desired user on your own or another person’s video. On several social media platforms, including Twitter and Instagram, this is a well-liked method of tagging someone.
On TikTok, tagging someone in the comments is an additional method of doing so. There are several reasons to mention someone in the comments section:
- If you want to let them know you responded to their comment, you can tag them.
- To discuss TikTok with a friend, you should tag them in the comment box.
- In anticipation that they may respond to your comment, you want to identify someone in the comments section.
Using a PC to Tag Someone in TikTok
For a while, using TikTok on a PC was challenging. Users were forced to use strange desktop programs or Android emulators, but that time passed.
A TikTok PC program that may be utilized directly from a web browser has been developed by TikTok. The majority of the functionality is carried over from mobile apps. You will need to become acclimated to the desktop interface, however, it can be confusing at first. Although there are some limitations, it’s a great place to start.
Fortunately, you can now upload and tag individuals in your TikToks using a desktop.
The actions are:
- Click the plus sign.
- From your computer, upload a video.
- The “Next” button should be pressed twice.
- Click the caption tab and choose “@Friends.”
- Search for the person you want to tag and locate them.
- Publish the movie.
It’s a great method to give people credit or recognition on social networking sites when you tag people in your pictures or videos. The best you can do if you neglect to tag someone in your video’s caption is to tag them in the comment section. The user’s TikTok profile can be found and checked out by viewers.